Westerner Campground, established in 2003, is an RV Campground only, (NO TENTS ALLOWED), and is situated in south Red Deer with easy highway access from both Hwy #2 north and Hwy #2 south of Red Deer and located on the site of Westerner Park. The campground is within walking distance to 4 RV dealerships as well as shopping and restaurants galore.
The campground is open YEAR ROUND to facilitate all of your needs, whether they are business functions, weddings, rallies and appointments or to attend one of the hundreds of events taking place in or around Red Deer. We also cater to the business that requires an employee(s) to stay on site for weeks or months to complete contract work or finish up a job. We've also been home to numerous families who have moved to Red Deer and are looking to purchase a home or the homeowner who is in-between selling a house and the construction of a new home.
Nearby amenities and services include shopping, golf courses, restaurants and a direct link to Red Deer's extensive bike and walking trail system with over 80 kilometers of easily accessible paved hiking and biking trails connecting the park user to its beautiful green areas and special attractions in which you can spend a number of days enjoying the sights, sounds and history of Waskasoo Park.
Local attractions are abundant including Heritage Ranch, Fort Normandeau, the Alberta Sports Hall of Fame Museum and the Collicutt Centre, Red Deer’s premier leisure centre with amazing features such as wave pool and water park, 290 meter 4-lane indoor track, ice arena, soccer pavilion, field house, climbing walls and a fitness and wellness studio. In 2002 Red Deer was awarded the 2002 Cultural Capital of Canada award.
If that wasn't enough, Westerner Park is also Central Alberta's largest Trade Show, Agriculture, Entertainment Sports and Convention Facility with over 1200 events per year and home of the Red Deer Rebels WHL hockey team. Reserve your spot today and enjoy everything Central Alberta has to offer.
WINTER RATES: 2017/2018 (October 1 - March 31)
(Sites #2 to #23, #48 to #59 and #74 to #99 - 30 amp)
Daily: $46.00 + tax (includes power)
(Sites 2 to #23, #48 to #59 and #74 to #99 - 30 amp)
28 Days: (Partial Hook up) $520.00 + power + tax
(Sites 24 to #34 and #60 to #73 -30 amp)
28 Days: (Full Hook up) $675.00 + power + tax
(Sites #35 to #47 - 50 amp)
Daily: $51.00 + tax (includes power)
28 Days: (Full Hook up) $725.00 + power + tax
(NB: Partial Hook up means there is power and sewage facilities available, but no water on site. You can fill up by using our hose and reel. Full Hook up means there is water, power and sewage facilities available on site for the above period.)
Meter Rate: (28 Days only) $0.15 per kwh
SUMMER RATES: 2017 (April 1 - September 30) - Power Inclusive - Full Hook up
(Sites #2 to #34 and #48 to #99 - 30 amp)
Daily: $46.00 + tax
28 Days: $835.00 + tax
(Sites #35 to #47 - 50 amp)
Daily: $51.00 + tax
28 Days: $895.00 + tax
All site rentals incur a 1% plus GST Designated Tourist Marketing Fund Levy. For all reservations, a non refundable Reservation Fee of $10 plus tax applies. The Holding Deposit of $50 for 28 day reservations, is also non refundable.
All 28 day rates incur an upfront, one time only, $300 Security Deposit which is refunded on check out, provided the sites are left clean, and rent and power (where applicable) have been paid.
RATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE AND ARE NON TRANSFERABLE.
Westerner Campground has been recognized by Woodall's, the RV and Camping Media & Services Company, as one of only 583 listed in the 2011 Woodall's North American Campground Directory to attain Woodall's 5W rating in Facilities and was awarded the 2012 Order of Merit for Campground excellence. Good Sam approved 2016 - no discounts.
Westerner Campground contains all the needed facilities to make your stay enjoyable. Our 98 large gravel sites offer 15, 30 or 50 amp electrical services, sewer hookup and water depending on season and site location. There are 38 fully winterized sites, including thirteen 50 amp sites. There are 41 pull through sites to help accommodate medium to large recreational vehicles.
All of our amenities are wheelchair accessible. The washrooms have porcelain tiles on floors and walls with the sinks and countertops next to none for spaciousness. The token-operated showers are walk in with a separate seated change area; the wheelchair accessible showers have an adjustable shower bench and showerhead. The coin-operated Laundromat services have 5 king size washers and 2 standard and 2 oversize Maytag dryers. The Laundromat also has a spacious counter for folding laundry, and sink. Laundry soap and dryer sheets are available from the office store. Best of all, the coffee is always on.
Power, water and sewer, and a picnic table are at every site. Fire pits are available on 46 of the sites on the circumference, and we welcome portable fire pits for all other sites. Wood can be purchased from the office. A public pay phone is located just outside of the store. The office store sells ice, equipment for RVs, including hoses and air tight sewer adaptors, and more. Maps and guide books are also available.
The campground provides on-site managers to ensure security for your visit and that your stay with us is as trouble free as possible.
There is a children’s playground for the young ones.
SANI DUMP and WATER FILL: For non-campers, we also provide a Sani Dump and Water Fill facility at the nearby Westerner Park Complex. Just come to the Campground office first, obtain a receipt for $10.50, and we will direct you to the Sani dump and Water fill facility.
WIFI is available throughout the Campground. For those on the Daily Plan, the WIFI is included in the Daily Rate. For those on the 28 Day Plan, and wanting the WIFI, there is an additional charge of $20 plus GST per 28 Day cycle. Free WIFI is also available within 30 ft of the office.
For more information on any of our facilities or services please call the office at (403) 352-8801.
Red Deer's Tourism and Information Centre is located on Highway 2 at the Alberta Sports Hall of Fame, just north of 32nd St.
The map link above shows our location, just off of Highway #2 in south Red Deer. From Hwy #2, take Exit 394 and follow the "W" signs to Westerner Park and the Campground heading east on 19 Street.
Click "MAP OF RED DEER" above for our location.
We are located 154 kms or 92 miles south of Edmonton and 145 kms or 90 miles north of Calgary located in the heart of Alberta's beautiful parkland.
Please note: There is considerable re-construction currently in progress, so please drive carefully.
We hope these Guidelines will make it more pleasant for everyone.
1. Reservations are subject to availability. Group Bookings are not available. Reservations can only be accepted by phone and NOT by email or fax.
2. We reserve the right to refuse or discontinue service to anyone and to move stall reservations, as we deem necessary due to booking configurations.
3. Full payment of rent is due upon arrival, by Visa, MasterCard, Interac or Cash. Sorry, we do not accept cheques. No refunds are allowed for early departures. Late rent payments will result in a $5.00/day penalty and possible eviction. 28 day rentals must be paid in full in advance on the due date to qualify for the 28 day rate.
4. One family per RV is 2 adults and their dependant children. If there are any extra adults camping overnight with you, an extra charge of $5 /person/night will be added to your account.
5. CHECK OUT TIME is 12 Noon. Please be prompt. Please re-register before 10:00 am to extend your stay. Subject to availability, a late check out can be arranged up to 5 pm that day for an extra charge of $20 plus GST. An additional night's rent will be payable if an extension is not notified to the office before 10 am. CHECK IN TIME is set at 2 pm. Exceptions to this rule will be allowed where the site has been vacated early.
6. Quiet time is 10:00 pm to 8:00 am.
7. SPEED LIMIT is 10 kph on all park roadways and will be strictly enforced with expulsion.
8. Only registered guests are permitted on the grounds of the campground after 10 pm. Only registered vehicles are permitted in the campground. Guests are to park in their designated areas. Unregistered vehicles will be towed at the owner's expense.
9. NO PARKING IS PERMITTED ON ROADWAYS OR GRASS.
10. There is room for only one sleeping unit and one parked car per assigned stall. Any tenants with excess vehicles may use the Tenants' Overflow area by obtaining an Overnight Parking Pass from the office.
11. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in any public areas of the Campground.
12. AIR TIGHT SEWER ADAPTERS must be used if hooking up sewer hoses. (No exceptions.) These can be purchased from the office store.
13. Bagged garbage is to be deposited in the dumpster located beside Site #73. Please use recycle bins for pop/beer bottles and cans.
14. All RVs must meet campground standards for appearance.
15. RV sites are to be kept clean and tidy at all times.
16. No personal belongings may be stored under or around the RV. No Laundry may be hung or displayed at your site.
17. It is the responsibility of all campers to clean up garbage and cigarette butts on their site. Fire pits are not to be used for garbage disposal. A clean up fee will be charged where this rule is broken.
18. No RV skirting is allowed unless approved by management.
19. Management must approve outdoor propane tanks and propane servicing of same.
20. No building of steps, decks or add-on rooms is permitted without management approval.
21. Satellite dishes are not to be attached to any campground property or placed on the grass.
22. Propane BBQs are to be kept off the grass. Open fires are permitted in designated fire pits only. Where there is no fire pit available, portable fire pits may be used on the gravel. No open flame stoves are allowed on the picnic tables.
23. MATS ARE PERMITTED ON THE GRAVEL, but not on the grass.
24. Washing, repairing, servicing or re-fueling of RVs or motor vehicles is not allowed on the campground property without the approval of management.
25. Air conditioners are not allowed in overflow power-only sites.
26. Generators are not allowed between 9:00 pm and 9:00 am in the overflow parking only.
27. Riding skateboards is not allowed in the Campground.
28. Messages will be posted on the noticeboard outside campground office.
29. Any damage to campground property will be charged accordingly.
30. NO PARKING IS PERMITTED IN ANY VACANT STALLS.
31. No Storage of Personal or Commercial Cargo Trailers is permitted in the Campground during the Peak Season. However, customers may purchase Storage Passes at a cost of $3 plus GST per night from the office to store their Personal Cargo Trailers in the designated Overflow Area. No facilities are available for Commercial Cargo Trailers or Equipment. Storage of RVs in the Westerner Park grounds is not permitted at any time during the Peak Season. Storage of RVs in the Campground during the Winter season only is permitted at a cost of $3 + GST per night or $100 + GST per month.
32. No Smoking or Eating is permitted in the Washrooms.
33. No Tents are allowed.
34. Pets ARE permitted but certain conditions apply. Dogs MUST BE ON-LEASH AT ALL TIMES AND DOG BARKING CONTROLLED. Pets should not be left unattended at any time outside the camping unit. Dog pens may be placed on gravel only. Pets are not allowed in the buildings. Owners are required to clean up promptly behind their pets. If the site is left uncleaned by departure date, or damaged by pets, the RV owner will be charged to repair damage and/or a clean-up fee will be imposed and charged to owner's credit card. Failure to abide by pet restrictions will result in expulsion from the campground.
35. Picnicking is not permitted in this Campground if you are not a registered camper.
Please report any problems to us.
See our Rates and Reservations pages for more conditions.
FURTHER DETAILS can be obtained by phoning the office on 403 352 8801.
PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY!!
For more information please call the office at (403) 352-8801.
HOURS OF OPERATION
LATE WINTER/EARLY SPRING
EFFECTIVE 1st to 31st March
MON - FRI - 11 am to 8 pm
SATURDAY - 9 am to 5 pm
SUNDAYS - Closed
EFFECTIVE 1st April to 31st October
ALL WEEK - 8 am to 9 pm
EFFECTIVE - 1st to 30th November
MON - FRI - 9 am to 12 noon and 5 pm to 8 pm
SATURDAY - 9 am to 5 pm
SUNDAYS/STAT HOLIDAYS - Closed
EFFECTIVE 1st December to 28th February
MON - FRI - 4 pm to 8 pm
SATURDAY - 9 am to 5 pm
SUNDAYS/STAT HOLIDAYS - Closed
EFFECTIVE 1st Nov to 28th February
Mon - Fri - 9 am to 8 pm
Sat/Sun - 9 am to 5 pm
Satutory Holidays - CLOSED
OTHER SEASONS - As per Office hours
Fax - (403) 352.8812
ALL RESERVATIONS are only taken by phoning us on 403 352 8801.
Reservations are available all year round but especially recommended between April 1st and Sept 30th. Customers may reserve for the Campground, up to 6 months in advance. (See conditions below.) ALL RESERVATIONS incur a non-refundable $10 plus GST fee.
A Cancellation fee of $12.00 plus GST applies if a reservation is cancelled within 3 days of the reserved date or for any "no shows". The reservation fee of $10.00 plus GST is non-refundable.
If the Campground is fully booked out, the Westerner Campground Overflow area in the Westerner Park grounds can be made available. (See conditions below.)
Reservations can be accepted for the Watchtower Conventions in June of each year, up to 12 months in advance. All pre-bookings will be contacted in January or February of the following year to complete the Reservation. Customers must reserve at least 4 nights for this event to qualify for the Campground. Space in the Campground is limited, however, so book early. If reserving the Overflow for this event, a minimum of 3 nights must be booked.. All Customers reserving for this event must pay for the reservation in full, plus the Reservation fee.
Reservations can be accepted for the Gospel event in July of each year, up to 12 months in advance. All pre-bookings will be contacted in February of the following year in order to complete the Reservation. Customers must reserve at least 4 nights for this event to qualify for the Campground. Space in the Campground is limited, however, so book early. If reserving the Overflow area for this event, a minimum of 3 nights must be booked. All Customers reserving for the Gospel Event must pay for the reservation in full, plus the Reservation fee.
To reserve sites in the Campground, a minimum of 4 nights is required for the following events:
a) THE MANE EVENT - April
b) WESTERNER DAYS FAIR - Mid July
c) SUPER RUN - August Long Weekend - every 3 years.
All reservations for the above events are payable in advance.
For all long weekends, a minimum of 3 nights' reservations is required, payable in advance.
For all other weekends, a minimum of 2 nights' reservations is required, payable in advance.
Reservations during the week for 2 nights, are payable in advance.
For Reservations during the week for 3 nights or more, we will accept a minimum deposit of $50.00.
For any one night stays, we recommend that customers just drive up, check in, and vacant sites will be allotted. No Reservation fee applies in these cases.
The Westerner Campground is usually fully reserved for most weekends of the Spring/Summer/Fall seasons, so reservations are highly recommended for this period.
28 DAY RESERVATIONS
Long term reservations throughout the year, on a 28 day cycle basis, can be arranged for those customers requiring other than short term stays at the Campground. There are 38 fully winterized sites, 13 of which have 50 amp power hookup available. For those who do not need water hook up during the winter months, further sites can be made available for long term reservations. Sites for long term customers can be reserved with a non refundable $50 holding deposit. (Refer above for the 28 day rates.) 28 day rentals must be paid in full in advance on the due date to qualify for the 28 day rate. 28 day rentals are non-transferable.
Whenever the Campground is fully reserved, overflow camping (15 amp power only) for RV's is available in the Westerner Park grounds at $26 plus GST a night for all sites plus the Reservation fee of $10 plus GST if the Overflow is pre-reserved. The Overflow is only able to be pre-reserved for the Watchtower and Gospel events in June and July. Otherwise, the Overflow is not available for pre-booking and operates on a first come, first serve basis. Specific sites cannot be guaranteed or held for others. The Overflow has washrooms and showers, (token operated), plus a sani dump with draining facilities and a water fill. Campers in the Overflow must pay at the Campground Office immediately upon checking in, to obtain the necessary passes for display on their RV and towing vehicle.
For more information please call the office at (403) 352-8801.
Camp Hosts: Gary and Debbie Kaczmar
Are you the owner of this campground?
Send us a message to claim this directory listing so you can make updates to this page, start accepting reservations online, and use our other features for campground staff.