Municipal CampgroundSet along the scenic Maitland River, just minutes from Goderich, Falls Reserve Conservation Area is a 230 acre natural outdoor playground. The Conservation Area offers terrific camping experiences: a perfect combination of great family camping in a beautiful natural setting.
Falls Reserve has 190 campsites for trailers or tents with water and electrical hookups available. Camping facilities include washrooms with showers, safe drinking water, a snack bar, firewood and a dumping station.
Campsites are available with 15 or 30 amp service in sunny or shaded sites. For those who want to hear only the woods and wildlife, radio-free sites are available by reservation. Group camping sites are also available (reservations required).
Pack your camera and spend a day or a weekend hiking along the trails accessible from the park. During the winter months, groomed trails are provided for cross-county skiers. Our trails are connected to the Maitland Trail system that extends from Auburn to Goderich. The new Goderich to Auburn Rail trail (GART) is also close by and is ideal for bicycling.
Goderich beaches and lakefront boardwalk as well as terrific shopping on the “Square” are only minutes away.
Falls Reserve provides excellent year-round fishing opportunities. Rainbow trout and salmon migrate up the river every spring and fall while small mouth bass can be caught during the summer months. Young anglers can try their luck at the stocked trout and bass pond.
The park also offers occasional special events, playgrounds, horseshoe pits, a volleyball area, playing field, picnic areas, and a picnic shelter which can be reserved during the camping season.
Stay in touch with Falls Reserve throughout the year. Updates on activities and events are available on the FRCA Facebook page and through Twitter posts (@maitlandvalley). Don’t hesitate to provide us with feedback; we want to ensure your visit is safe and enjoyable.
Reservation and campsite information
- A non-refundable reservation fee is charged to each site booking.
- Once a reservation has been confirmed by phone or internet, changes and cancellations must be made by calling 1-877-FALLSCA (1-877-325-5722) or by visiting the website. Please have your booking number ready. A $20.00 fee will be charged to all site cancellations. Additional forfeit of fees may also apply to cancellations.
- Campsite reservations are held until 2:00 pm the day following your scheduled arrival date. Reservations not checked in by this time are considered “No Show” with no refund issued and site will become available to other campers.
- Reservations cancelled six (6) or fewer calendar days prior to the scheduled arrival will forfeit 2 nights’ fees.
- A 3-night minimum stay is required on Victoria Day (May 19 - 22), Canada Day (June 29 – July 3), Civic (Aug 4 - 7), Labour Day (Sept 1 – 4) and Thanksgiving (Oct 6 - 9) and a 2-night minimum stay on all other weekends, from July 7th to August 31st
- Refunds will not be issued during this time period for a shortened stay.
- One vehicle permit is included with the campsite. All additional vehicles must purchase an Additional Vehicle permit at time of campsite registration for an overnight fee of $13.00 per additional vehicle.
- No refunds are issued for Additional Vehicle permits. Additional Vehicle permits are not transferable.
- There are no refunds on terminated permits due to park eviction.
- There are no refunds due to inclement weather or insect pests.
- All visitors to the campground must purchase a daily vehicle permit and park in designated parking areas. Visitors are admitted from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm daily. All visitors must vacate the property by 10:00 pm nightly.
- You are allowed up to 3 pieces of sheltered equipment on your campsite if space permits (including a dining tent/tarp). Only one piece of sheltered camping equipment may be a tent trailer, house trailer, motor home or self-propelled camping unit.
- The permit holder must be 18-years of age or older and must be present on the campsite.
- Maximum 6 people per site including children and babies.
- Renewal time is before 12 noon, subject to availability. After 12 noon, all sites scheduled to be vacated, or that have not been renewed, will be made available to new campers.
- Campsite check in time is after 3:00 pm and check out time is 2:00 pm.
Other important information
- Park quiet time is from 10:00 pm to 8:00 am. No radios or audio equipment are allowed during quiet times. Please be considerate of others during quiet times. Loud voices can disturb other campers at this time. (Radios not permitted at secluded campsites).
- Be considerate of others and respect the rules of the Conservation Area. Excessive noise and/or behaviour that may disturb other campers is prohibited. Abusive or insulting language towards park staff or other persons is NOT tolerated and will result in termination of permit and eviction from the property.
- Arriving prior to 10:00 pm to set up your campsite is appreciated. Noise from setting up a campsite disturbs other campers during quiet times. If late arrival is necessary please set up quickly and keep noise to a minimum.
- Alcohol Beverages - may be consumed at the campsite only. Alcohol is prohibited in all other areas of the Conservation Area.
- Firewood - buy locally and burn on site. Pests in firewood can destroy forests. Please ensure the firewood you are bringing into the park does not contain invasive insects or diseases. Bagged firewood is available and sold at the park gatehouse. Removal of dead or live wood from natural areas within the park for use as campfire wood is prohibited. A charge of $125.00 will be applied to the campsite permit holder if wood from natural areas is used as campfire fuel.
- Garbage and cleanliness of campsite - It is the responsibility of the permit holder to keep the campsite clean at all times. Scattered litter is unacceptable and may result in termination of campsite permit. Garbage left on the campsite overnight will attract unwanted wildlife pests including raccoons and skunks. Campers must dispose campsite waste at the Garbage and Recycling Centre nightly. A charge of $125.00 will be applied to the campsite permit holders account if garbage is left on a campsite upon departure.
Visit maitlandvalley.goingtocamp.com to check for site availability and to make reservations. Campsite reservations can also be made by calling 1-877-FALLSCA or 519-524-6429. Please note that reservations may only be made for the current year.
Have your VISA, MasterCard and camping information ready. A non–refundable reservation fee is applied for each booking. The full camping and reservation fee is paid at the time of booking.
Please note that group campsites may not be booked on-line. To make a group campsite reservation please call 1-877-FALLSCA (1-877-325-5722). Group Camp 1, along the Maitland River, has recently been closed permanently in order to safeguard water quality and to protect species at risk habitat.
The camping season runs from April 21, 2017 to October 15, 2017.
Are you the owner of this campground?
Send us a message to claim this directory listing so you can make updates to this page, start accepting reservations online, and use our other features for campground staff.