Private CampgroundMany years ago Rotten Ralph bought an old bread truck and converted it into a camper for his wife and himself. As the family grew, (4 daughters and 1 son) he soon realised that the bread truck was now no longer sufficient. Rotten Ralph made up his mind and purchased a Winnebago. The family had many travels with this. Eventually Ralph retired and realised he needed something to do in his retirement so he purchased this campground. We have owned the campground since April of 1987. "Owning a campground is something we have always wanted to do." Since purchasing this camp it has doubled in its size.
We have a very spacious area for our overnight guests. This is the place you will be if you are here for the night, weekend, or the week. All of these sites have water and hydro hookup. We also specialise in group camping and if you have a group coming and would all like to be situated together, we can accommodate this. Very often groups situate themselves in a circle and use one common fire-pit for everybody. This area was designed to fit the needs of these groups perfectly.
If however you are a real outdoors person and prefer to have an unserviced site, our Wilderness area just might be for you. Our wilderness area is located in the back of the campground and each site is very secluded. Everybody who ever stays in this area always comments on how much they enjoyed themselves and their site.
Depending on availability, between the two areas we have over 50 sites to choose from. Sometimes reservations are necessary to ensure the spot you choose as your own is available to you. This is especially true on long weekends and busy summer months.
Many of our events including our regular Friday night BINGO are held in our gorgeous Recreation Hall, however we also hold many activities outside in the Sports Field (Sports Equipment provided free of charge at our store) or even on occasion in our 25' X 50' heated Swimming Pool.
I think young and old will all agree that playing a round of golf or in our case Mini Golf is very enjoyable and relaxing. Our 18 hole course is located at the front of the park near our Recreation Hall, Store, washrooms and Laundry facilities. Also located in the front area are our Horseshoe pits and a Playground for children ages 6 and under. Another playground for the older children is also available in the park.
For those of you that enjoy canoeing, please feel free to bring up your canoes, however if you do not own one we have many Boats available for rental. Whether you go out on Lake Rotten Ralph for fishing, boating or swimming you will find it invigorating and stimulating to the mind and body.
Controlled Access Gate
New and used trailer sales
Hydro & water
modern washrooms and showers
paddleboats, canoes, kayaks
25' x 50' heated swimming pool
For those of you that prefer natural swimming over the swimming pool, what better place is there than Lake Rotten Ralph? Nothing beats the feel of the cool waters from this spring fed lake. Or if you prefer just lay around the banks and cast your fishing rod over the side. Lake Rotten Ralph is full of natural fish.
You can never tell when you cast your line what you will pull in. The fish range from rainbow or speckled trout, to bass and catfish or even Pike. If you prefer to go out upon the lake, we have a wide variety of boats available for rent in the store. Included in our boats are our Kayaks, Canoes, Paddle-boats, and rowboats. Life-jackets are provided free of charge when you rent a boat.
Some Attractions Nearby Include:
Wellington County Museum,
Scenic Elora Gorge,
Country shopping in Arthur and Elora,
Fergus Highland Games (August).
1. ONE family per campsite (mother, father and four of your own dependant unmarried children 18 yrs. and under excluding nieces, nephews, grandparents, friends, etc. These are extra persons.) Limit one car per site.
2. NO tents allowed on seasonal sites.
3. GUESTS - $2.50 per day or any part thereof per person or $3.50 if staying overnight with you. Anyone staying on your site when you are not there will pay regular camping fee. Guests must register at the office, campers are responsible for thier guests registering at the office on arrival or it may affect the leasing of your lot.
4. DOGS - must be kept on leashes at all times and not bark to excess. No dogs allowed in swimming or playground area. These areas are for people, we have 100 acres to walk your dog. Campers with dogs must carry a pooper scooper with them when taking dogs for a walk.
5. FENCES - Crossing any fence line means you are trespassing on private land, stay within the 100 acre boundaries of the park. Use road and walkway accesses only not other peoples lots.
6. TREES - Any cutting, trimming or general abuse of any trees in the park will be dealt with extreme severity. Please obtain a permission form if you plan to do any of this.
7. CONSTRUCTION - of patios, fireplaces or any other changes to the site, must be approved by management.
8. CARE - Sites must be kept neat and tidy, structures maintained and painted, wood neatly stacked at the BACK of site, grass kept cut. Please think of your neighbors as most campers do in the park. This is your responsibility or you may be asked to leave. Take care of our washrooms, grounds and camp facilities, the camp is for all of us to share and enjoy. Small children are not to be in restroom unless supervised by an adult.
9. GARBAGE - Garbage is picked up on Sunday. Plastic bags must be used for garbage. There are blue recycle bins at the entrance to the park please deposit recyclable materials in them when you are leaving.
10. CHILDREN - Must be supervised at all times. Parents or guardians shall be responsible for all damage caused by thier children. 18 years and under curfew 12:00 am. They should be at their own site and not wandering around the park after curfew.
11. NOISE - Restpect the rights of others. Avoid excessive or boisterous noise. This means children also. Play your music etc. softly at all times. QUIET TIME is between 12:00 am. and 8:00 am.
12. ALCOHOLIC - beverages should be in plastic containers. No bottles are to be carried around the park.
13. WASHING - of vehicles or trailers in park is not allowed.
14. MOTORCYCLES - or mini bikes are not to be ridden in campground.
15. SPEED - Please observe the 10 km / 5 miles per hour speed limit. Watch out for children.
16. REGISTRATION - of all seasonal campers and extra persons. Ages and birthdates required for children.
17. VEHICLES - All vehicle license plates must be recorded in our records.
18. RENTING - trailers or allowing others to use your trailer is not allowed, unless we are notified. Regular site rate is applicable when owner is not presesnt.
19. FOR SALE - No recreational vehicle shall be advertised for sale in the park. Items for sale must be listed at front office.
20. ASSIGNMENT - This agreement shall be signed by camper and management and is not assignable to anyone else. Use of the site and park must be approved by management.
21. INSURANCE - It is understood that each camper will have their own insurance, covering trailer, contents, etc. for loss or damage through fire, theft, collision, vandelism or otherwise, for 12 months of the year - and obsolves Conestoga Family Campgrounds of any responsibility.
22. LIEN - In the event that I am in default under this agreement whether in payment of rent or breach of any other term, then the owner will have the following rights: (a) The right to have a lien on my goods and chattels for all rent and other charges due including additional rent.
23. TAXES - In the event that there shall be any taxes levied or assessments on any equipment, fixtures, improvements, permanent or temporary furnishings or other goods left on the site or erected on the site by me including any taxes on the site itself as a result, I will pay and be responsible for any such taxes or assessments.
Are you the owner of this campground?
Send us a message to claim this directory listing so you can make updates to this page, start accepting reservations online, and use our other features for campground staff.