Private CampgroundLocated between Gaspé and Percé, advancing gracefully in the Gulf of St. Lawrence, this beautiful place offers incomparable landscapes!
The sites are exceptional!
We have 41 campsites that will suit all types of equipment and will satisfy all tastes. We welcome caravans, cars, recreatitional vehicles, trailers, tent trailers and tents. You can choose a site on the seaside, forested or not, or a site on top of a cliff, where the sound of waves breaking on the shore will lull your sleep. You will also have access to a platform and a private fireplace, if desired. All the sites include a picnic table.
Group camper : 2 adults and 2 children/teenager (From 6 to 17 years old) (Free for children under 6 years old)
Maximum persons per site : 5 persons
each additional adult, teenager or child : 8$ taxes included
– Playground for children.
– Observation and photography of flora and marine fauna.
– Sandy beach.
– Shingle beach.
– You can bring your Kayak ( no kayak rentals)
The Indian Head campground, is located in the heart of the most beautiful tourist attractions of the Gaspésie. You will be near the most interesting activities in the region, while remaining far enough from the noisy urban life of Gaspé and Percé. On our remarkable piece of maritime land, you will find the balance between accessibility and tranquillity. This is what we proudly call … the best of both worlds!
To do near by
In addition to the many activities offered at Camp Indian Head, a multitude of leisure activities are offered nearby. Do not forget to visit the towns of Gaspé, Percé and L’Anse-à-Beaufils.
Activities on the camping
Bonaventure Island -Bonaventure
Cruises around the island, and the ability to dock there for a hike to the largest colony of gannets in North America. A must!
To admire from the coast or aboard a cruise-ship, it is the international known emblem of the Gaspésie.
National park Forillon
offers an impressive range of activities: hiking, diving with seals and whale watching. Do not forget to visit Mount St.Alban, whose observation tower offers beautiful 360 degree views over the peninsula.
Haldimand sandy beach
Several kilometres long, this is the best beach in Gaspé! It is uncrowded and peacefully ideal for hiking … you can admire a landscape of breathtaking beauty!
River aux émeraudes
Famous for its beautiful waterfall, you can also
swim in a canyon and deep turquoise water!
At Mont Sainte-Anne and the beautiful Pointe Saint-Pierre
Fishing trip on the high seas
Wharf St-Georges-de-Malbaie (in season)
The barachois of Barachois
observation of one of the largest lagoon in the Gaspé. Preferred site for ornithologists, one can observe many species of rare birds.
Museums and galleries
Still in the village of L’Anse-à-Beaufils, do not miss the History Store 1928, restoring the lifestyle of the time.
Le Musée de la Gaspésie
centre for Art and History of the Gaspé par
excellence. Its permanent exhibition Gaspé… The big trip! Introduces the
visitor through the Gaspé those who built it. It also offers a range of
seasonal exhibitions of the most interesting and diverse
Micmacs interpretation centre
The Native American community, a descendant of the Micmac, founded an interpretive centre, museum and shop on aboriginal culture in the region.
*Excellent interpretive centres and historical exhibitions can also be seen in the Forillon National Park.
Shops and restaurants
The store of agate
Provides beautiful agate’s jewelry.
Auberge le Coin du Banc
Famous gaspesian gastronomy restaurant. House specialities: seafood and regional dishes.
More than just great coffee, it is also an art museum of the famous artist Gilles Côté. His paintings, as many as coffee, are real masterpieces.
The store Robin
There is provision of basic food and small hardware.
Annett’s fish shop
Fresh lobster and a variety of fish, (fresh or smoked) and salmon cakes. In addition, Mr. Ivan Annett always has great stories to tell!
Bistro restaurant and theatre La Vieille Usine
Enjoy the excellent food and various shows offered on the side bar during the summer, in addition to many performances of famous artists in the theatre adjacent. They serve excellent gaspesian beer from micro-brewery Pit Caribou, which is located next door. Great atmosphere guaranteed!
Microbrewery Pit Caribou
Besides being able to purchase their rich tasted beer, one can discover the techniques of brewing.
28 km from Percé
38 km from Gaspé
To book with us, simply call us at one of the numbers listed above or by e/mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will gladly help you make the choice of the perfect site for you.
- We take into booking a minimum of 2 nights
– When booking, we will need a credit card number (VISA or Mastercard).
- A deposit of 40$ is required to make a reservation.
– No refunds are given for cancellations or modifications made 7 days or less before arrival date
– If the cancellation is made more than 7 days before arrival date, 15$ will be reimbursed.
– At the day of your arrival the total balance of your reservation is payable and not refundable
- There is a 10% discount on longer stays : 7 nights or more ( Does not apply from the 23rd of July to the 5th of August)
POLICY CONCERNING THE TRAILER FOR RENT:
– Rented for a minimum of 3 nights at 70.59$ per night + taxes(3.5%,5% and 9.5%= 84$)
– Rented per week at 425.00$ + taxes (3.5%,5% and 9.5%)
– 2 adults, 2 children or 3 adults maximum occupation
– A deposit of 84$ is required to make a reservation
– If there is a cancellation , your deposit will not be refunded
– At the day of your arrival the total balance of your reservation is payable and is not refundable
Time of arrival of campers : 1 pm- Departure time : 12 pm (At noon)
- Curfew: 11 pm to 7 am , no more fires after 11 pm
- Music must be heard only on your site
- Maximum speed 8 kmh
- Dogs on leash at all times and clean up after your dog . No continuous barking aloud…please respect your neighbour!
- Fireworks are prohibited
Are you the owner of this campground?
Send us a message to claim this directory listing so you can make updates to this page, start accepting reservations online, and use our other features for campground staff.